Thursday, January 29, 2015

January 29th

Today is my 7th wedding aniversary.  I have known this man since I was 15 years old.

There was a short period of about 27 years that we didn't see each other. Each of us had taken a different path that eventually led us to, well, US.

I was married for over 25 years prior to reconnecting with my high school sweet heart.  I would never say that was a mistake or have regret.  It was a chapter in my life that shaped me into the woman I am today.

I have made mistakes.

Who hasn't?

I grew up with the father of my children and he grew up with me.  Now we are different, but not really.  We have moved into new chapters of our lives and I think we are better people because of what we learned from each other and the past.

I am in a grown up relationship now.
I think that he is too and I am so happy for us both.

So today, I am not only celebrating the life I have now with the man I have loved since I was 15 years old, but the life I had before.  It wasn't always pretty or nice but it is the foundation that grew me.

And now I cherish each moment we have.

And am continually grateful.
















No comments:

Post a Comment