Friday, January 23, 2015

Brooms



  I am emotionally advanced (according to my husband). My favorite movies are on the Hallmark channel.  I am mushy and gushy.  Yep.  
I keep things that have some meaning to me.  Silly things. 
For example -  
I have an old broom in the barn.  I have had this broom for more than 10 years.  I can't really remember where it came from.  I saved this old broom because it represented something to me.

It represented HOPE.  Now I know that sounds crazy.  How can an old broom represent something so deep as HOPE?  

For some reason I always pictured that old broom as "the barn broom" .  Even when it was sweeping the back patio in our house in Phoenix, I could imagine sweeping my barn some day.

I held on to that old broom and kept the dream of a simple life in the country alive.

This morning I swept the barn with that old broom.


I am ever thankful for this life. For the simplicity, the quiet, the peace and my broom...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment