Thursday, November 5, 2020

Uncertain Times



Good morning from Montana!   

It is 2 days post election day and many results are not in yet.  Like who will be leading this country for the next four years??  

I do not intend to politisize (is that a word?).  I am sure people (including me) are struggling through this very stressful time.   Dealing with so much uncertainty is so hard.  So so so hard.  

I have been very lucky, blessed, what ever you want to call it, through this time.  I still have my job.  I guess I am considered an essential worker.  The NICU continues to have babies in need of care, despite the virus.  So far, at least for us,  most of our patients are not related to Covid 19.   At least not yet.  

I have an amazing husband.  His job, insurance, also is something that hasn't stopped.  He has his own company and office and has been able to socially distance while working.   The other thing about this amazing man is that he is a volunteer firefighter, EMT.  He often has put himself at risk in order to care for our community.  

My home is my sanctuary.  I love coming home from a long day/night at work and relaxing in front of the fire.  My dinner is usually waiting when I get home (another thing my sweet man does for me) Yesterday, I was looking out the window and saw my horses.  

Now, a little back story.  I used to dream of what my "perfect" life would look like.  It included a wrap around porch ✔  living in the country ✔ big red barn ✔ horses ✔✔.  

I have looked out the window and often see the horses.  But yesterday it was different.  I was reminded that I am so blessed.  Is my life perfect?  Absolutely not.  Do I have stress and worry? Absolutely yes.  But, yesterday, looking out the window, the feeling of gratitude was overwhelming.  

No matter what happens in the next few days..weeks..months.... I hope there are things in your lives that fill you with gratitude, peace, love and hope.  










No comments:

Post a Comment