Friday, January 31, 2014

Toe Nails

I'm OLD.   I don't really feel old. (maybe some days I do). So how is that I realized that I am old today?

Toe Nails.  I realize most people don't talk about their toe nails.  A lot of us go to the salon and have pedicures.

Pedicures are a nice relaxing time to sit in a massage chair and let someone massage your feet.  And trim your nails and  then COVER THEM UP with some bright red or pink or purple polish.

I haven't been getting pedicures lately. Too much trouble now that I live in the mountains.  Not convenient any more.  So the other day I decided to take the old polish off and trim up those nails.

DISGUSTING!  I have old lady toe nails. It doesn't help anything that one of my nails came off a few years ago from tennis.  (you athletes, especially runners, will understand).  It hasn't grown back completely.  Also what happened to the nice even toe nails of my youth?

So I decided to work on them.  File them.  Buff them.  Soak them. File them some more.  "Google" what the heck is wrong with them.  Leave off the polish for a while.

My feet aren't so bad.  I keep them moisturized,  calluses smoothed.  They don't really look like old lady feet...

I think I will polish my nails...


No comments:

Post a Comment